<$BlogRSDUrl$>        

Phutatorius

Serving up inflammatory chestnuts since . . . well, today.

Thursday, April 08, 2004

I don't see why I couldn't make a living naming corporations. I read the billboards, I follow the securities fraud docket — I know what's hip:

Ecoblast, accufarm, InfoSurp, byteRite.

I think I have a knack for this. But for the occasional spondee, it's really just dactylic syllable-cramming, right? With maybe a strategically applied bit of hyper- or hypo-capitalization — for style's sake (see e.e. cummings). I should note as well that I also have a background in classical and Norse mythology, if you want to go that route:

Phobos Ltd., Ragnarok Industries, Sarpedon & Co., Typhon Health Care.

And for you car manufacturers, I'm also working up a list of proposed model names, a medium that I find peculiarly amenable to the jargon of literary theory:

Toyota Collage, Chevy Hermeneutic, Kia Phenomenon, Dodge Discourse.

All these names spun off the top of my head. I tell you, my brain is just chock-full of sophisticated-sounding names for corporations and products. Write me with your depressingly naive business plan or design specs of your unmarketable product, along with $19.95 (cash is fine, though I prefer money orders), and I'll custom-select a business-saving beauty from the 6000+ entries already on my Excel chart and send it off to you straightaway.

posted by Phutatorius at  #12:16 PM.

Every time I come to phutatorius.blogspot.com you have another interesting article up. A friend of mine was talking to me about this topic several weeks ago. I think I will e-mail them the url here and see what they say.
 

Say something!

Archives

  July 2003   August 2003   September 2003   October 2003   November 2003   December 2003   January 2004   February 2004   March 2004   April 2004   May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   April 2005   June 2005   August 2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?