<$BlogRSDUrl$>        

Phutatorius

Serving up inflammatory chestnuts since . . . well, today.

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Not so much quick hits today as meandering thoughts:

• Might be nice if the cops self-imposed a curfew on their "turn on the siren so we can run the red light" schtick. Maybe some of us would get some sleep here on the corner of Putnam and Western. And yes, commenters and minutiae hounds, that's the third time I've posted a link to an intersection. See if you can name the other two without peeking at the archives.

• I've been taking Tums antacid tablets (yes, for the canker sores), and I'm convinced these chalky pastel-colored discs are just Necco Wafers marketed to adults. Or the Wafers are Tums for kids — I can't say which. What I'm getting at is that the products are structurally and chemically interchangeable. As to which came first, Necco and GlaxoSmithKline can sort that out, because Phutatorius has said his peace, and he's dropping the subject.

• Oprah's July 2004 issue marks an improbable 49th straight appearance on the cover of O Magazine. Pull over, Lance Armstrong. Tip your cap, Joe DiMaggio. Anybody remember Journey's run with "Separate Ways" in MTV's Friday Night Video Fights? Well, step aside, Steve Perry. Ms. Winfrey here is the Queen of Streaks. I could have sworn Dr. Phil was going to knock her off this month, but Oprah wins again in a "photo finish." How does she do it?

• I encountered the word "Turbuhaler" yesterday, and I'm wishing I'd coined it myself. And no, it's not a band name . . .

• The only enduring Mr. Magoo cartoon will be the Christmas Carol interpretation he did in 1962, which you're likely to catch on TNT sometime every December. And that's because he melded so well into the Scrooge role. Otherwise, you have to wonder what the animators were thinking trying to sell this guy to kids. An old man with a cane who can't see? What fun!!

• I keep forgetting, but the man appointed with saving my life (God bless him) has a blog that resides here. It'll knock you flat.

• And yes, the Bow Wow Wow concert was brilliant, thanks for asking. Life-changing, would you say? Oh, definitely. The tracklist:

W-O-R-K (N.O. Nah No No My Daddy Don't)
Jungle Boy
Baby, Oh No!
Aphrodisiac
Do You Wanna Hold Me?
Mile High Club
[2 new songs that were surprisingly good]
Sinner! Sinner! Sinner!
Sex
Golly! Golly! Go Buddy!
I Want My Baby on Mars
Uomo Sex al Apache
Cowboy
Go Wild in the Country
I Want Candy

C30, C60, C90, Go!
What's the Time? (Hey Buddy!)

Come back and see us again soon, Annabella. We love you so much, and we can't endure these fifteen- and six-year absences.

posted by Phutatorius at  #10:35 PM.

Say something!

Archives

  July 2003   August 2003   September 2003   October 2003   November 2003   December 2003   January 2004   February 2004   March 2004   April 2004   May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   April 2005   June 2005   August 2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?